If your home has a yard space, then you are lucky enough to be able to plan how you can begin sprucing it up for summer. There are many ways that you can liven up your backyard again and give it some personality so that the next time you bring over friends into your backyard space, you’ll be proud of it and end up spending much more time in it as well.
Tips on getting your backyard ready for summer
- Start by clearing out your yard space (get rid of any trash, leaves, dirt, old or unwanted patio furniture, light fixtures that no longer work, accessories that you no longer like, etc.)
- Sweep your patio
- Next, mow, weed, and trim the edges of your grass to make it look fresh again
- Fertilize your grass
- Make sure you have an effective sprinkler system in place so that the summer sun does not scorch your grass
- Plant a colorful flowerbed or vegetable garden
- Prune your trees
- Add in new patio furniture, area rugs, throw pillows, and accessories for the summer season that make you smile
- Pick out some unique lighting that will brighten your space up at night
- Create a footpath going from your house through the grass to your patio or garden area to make it convenient for guests
As you can see, there are a multitude of ways that you can prepare your yard space for summer to make it more inviting to you and your friends and family. Here at Green Scapes Unlimited, we are proud to offer lawn irrigation, flower bed installation, mulching, and more to help with your efforts to make your yard look its best. If you have any further questions, or if you would like a free quote, please contact us! We look forward to hearing from you.